Monday, September 8, 2008

Hi, my name is Sarah...and I'm a fiberaholic.

Sometimes while spinning I muse over scenarios whereby my addiction might cause some serious confusion. I see myself face down in a puddle of blood (stick with me, I am going somewhere with this) and the hot CSI guy is pulling fibers from the carpet beside my body. "You said they only had a cat didn't you?" "How odd, this is definitely not feline. I will have to take it down to the lab." Later at the lab the playboy bunny of a lab tech confirms that it is in fact rare, wild...guanaco. "Our killer must be a Chilean drug smuggler" the CSI guy surmises. And my ghost has a good ol' belly laugh.

So, in case you haven't guessed, this blog is about spinning...yarn, not wheels.

My Clark Kent daytime persona is as a mild mannered internal auditor at a community bank. I even sport some geeky glasses at times. Of course, my dream is to ditch my dingy cubical in the back corner of the basement to be a...well...spinster. Hmmm, to be honest, it seemed more glamorous until I called it that. I will have to come up with another name for it. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    My name is Barb and I'm addicted to fabric...perhaps we are related!
    Glad to see you enter the blog-o-sphere. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it isn't my beautiful and talented mother, designer of those wonderful Sasaki Bags!

    Love the new market tote, BTW. Not that I'm hinting at anything, of course, just a random comment out of no where....

    ReplyDelete