Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mid-Week Update

Like the spokes on a spinning wheel, all things come full circle.

(oh stop rolling your eyes, this is a blog about spinning, I have to find ways to tie it all together. I thought that was pretty clever.)

I have some updates on previously reported stories.

Sunday I posted a cowl on Etsy that I made with the "Straw into Gold" guanaco mix yarn. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18341380 (and now you know what I look like)

In that same post I relayed my cat's fetish for disrupting my spinning. He's not one for jumping up on laps so I would make a deal with him. "Ok, I will stop spinning and give you my full attention when you jump up here" He never did. I usually ended up putting on my lap anyway. (who's the boss?) Well, he surprised me last week by taking an opportunity while I was joining a new piece of roving to jump up. Of course I dropped the roving.


How does it go "an action rewarded will be repeated"? Hmmmm.


So now he jumps up constantly without invitation and without waiting for a proper intro. Bam! Cat on the lap.


(did I mention he's an Emril fan?)


So naturally I stop spinning and pet him. Tonight I really needed to get some work done, so after a few minutes I made the executive decision that lap time was over. I joined on a bit of fiber and started spinning. I felt his back legs tense and braced myself for his jump. But he didn't jump. He just sat there, going up and down, up and down. Soon his front paw started alternating fists. He liked it.

Oh, it gets better.

He anchored his back legs around my thigh and started reaching out as far as he could with his front paws for the drive band. He couldn't quite reach it but wouldn't give up.


So, here sits this woman spinning. There is a cat on her lap, rising and falling and reaching.

I know what you're thinking, why didn't I take a picture.....

(Um, because I was consentrating on spinning with a cat on my lap, which is not that easy, I might add)





Moving on.


I finally got pictures from my Dad of the scarfs that my Step-Mom crocheted from the grey smooth yarn and the funky red yarn I mentioned in an earlier post.


Aren't they pretty? I can't decide which one I like better. I think it's so cool to see what someone else does with my yarn.

Also, I have a few new listings on my site (scroll up and to the left) so stop in and browse.

And thank you all for your patience with my overuse of parenthesis.

(Peace)


No comments:

Post a Comment